Roles in VivifyScrum are different privileges you can assign to your Team Members on a Board. After you’ve created a Kanban or a Scrum Board you’ll want to gather your Team. You can do it by clicking on ‘Team Members’ in the sidebar. Just click the + button. If your future Team Member is already a VivifyScrum user, you can type their name in the provided field and the user will be added to your Board. In the latter case, if you choose a user who is not a member of VivifyScrum, you should type their email address in the provided field. After the invited user accepts your invitation (an invitation will be sent via email) and joins VivifyScrum, he/she will be added to your Board.
There are five different roles in VivifyScrum. Team Members can perform tasks depending on permissions granted by their roles. The roles in VivifyScrum are:
- Read: The member has access to the Board but doesn't have the permission to edit it. Items can be assigned to a Read member. He/she can't configure the Board nor the Team.
- Read & Comment: The difference from the Read member is that a member with this privilege can make comments on Items.
- Write: The member can access the Board and edit its content (add or delete Items and columns, start or finish a Sprint etc.). The configuration of the Board and the configuration of the Team are not privileges of this member.
- Admin: The member can access, edit and configure the Board. Admin can also configure the Team (add or remove members and assign roles).
- Owner: The Owner has full access to the Board. Only the Owner has the privilege to archive or delete a Board. There can be only one Owner per Board. The number of other roles per Board is unlimited.