We have revised Udemy's AgilePM® Project Management - Foundation and Practitioner course in order to evaluate how efficient these courses are at preparing people for the roles and responsibilities of the Agile project manager, as well as how well can they help you familiarize yourself with Agile methodology and practices. Here's how we liked the certification, courses and qualification you can obtain.
Description of the course
The course itself is designed to help individuals become qualified in the AgilePM® Project Management. In other words, it will help you become not just certified but also qualified Agile project manager. Therefore, the course is meant for anyone who wishes to learn about Agile methodology and how to apply Agile practices that will help them manage projects and thrive in their careers as Agile project managers.
In addition, The AgilePM® certification strives towards addressing the needs of those who are working in a project-focused environment but want to focus on the Agile approach. It can also provide individuals and organizations with a leaner and more structured approach to project management, thus allowing them to respond swiftly to changes. It also provides a way to implement high-priority initiatives for projects in an Agile environment.
Compared to the most of other certifications on the market, the AgilePM® Project Management certificate for both foundation and practitioner levels is quite affordable. For the price of around $200, you can get the complete education and training alongside learning material required to pass the exam. What's more, you can find custom offers and discounts that make this certification even more affordable.
What will you learn?
The AgilePM® Project Management certification provides comprehensive knowledge about the Agile methodology and its principals, as well as Agile practices that are used in project management and software development. We've looked at the areas that are covered by this certification and we have compiled a summary of what you'll be able to learn.
- What is Agile - The complete list of Agile approaches and when, why and how to use them in project management.
- Applying Agile - How to apply a wide variety of agile practices in a project. As an example, facilitated workshops, Iterative development and modelling, the Agile approach to prioritizing and managing requirements and so on.
- How to understand the supporting philosophy, principles, lifecycles, products, techniques, roles and responsibilities In the Agile project management.
- How to prepare for AgilePM® foundation and practitioner level exams.
- How to become a productive member of an Agile team.
The AgilePM® certification has reasonable requirements compared to some requirements that other certification bodies are asking for. As an example, for the AgilePM®, familiarity with projects and project management is useful but not necessary or essential. On the other hand, some certification requirements include 12 months of working on Agile projects in the past 5 years, as well as additional 8 months of experience with Agile projects obtained in the past 3 years. In other words, AgilePM® is more accessible and approachable even by people with no prior experience in project management.
We also had an opportunity to observe the course of the lectures and what they consist of. Here's what's involved in both certification levels.
Course content for foundation and practitioner levels.
- 10 modules that consist of engaging graphic video presentation lessons.
- Supportive notes for each lesson, alongside references for further reading and study.
- Exercises and support material that consolidate the learning.
- Sample questions for the foundation level for testing and embedding the learning.
- Sample questions for the practitioner levels to test the comprehension of the subject in mind.
In addition, we compiled a list of course content that consists of 102 lectures.
- Introduction to Agile - 8 lectures.
- Agile Project Management - The Basics - 14 lectures.
- Roles and Responsibilities - 11 lectures.
- Preparing for Agile Project Management - 11 lectures.
- Pre-Project, Feasibility and Foundation - 9 lectures.
- Evolutionary Development, Deployment and Post-Project - 8 lectures.
- Techniques and Practices - 12 lectures.
- Agile Control - 10 lectures.
- Agile Planning - 11 lectures.
- Exam Preparation - 8 lectures.
What are the benefits of this course?
After assessing the course itself and evaluating the education level involved, we determined that the AgilePM® Project Management - Foundation and Practitioner certification yields various benefits to individuals aside from qualification and certification for Agile project managers. Here are a few benefits you can obtain from this course.
- Learn how to deliver quicker, cost-effective and low-risk changes by implementing a tried and tested practices to agile project management.
- Understand the environment of agile in project management and how it's different compared to traditional, as well as alternative approaches.
- Equip yourself with the core principles, concepts and processes that are required for successful agile projects.
- Learn how to apply the Dynamic System Development Method (DSDM) agile approach to projects and everyday activities, thus embracing an evolutionary development approach for more effective solutions.
- Boost your communication and stakeholder engagement skills that are critical for successful projects.
- Be able to explain different management styles needed for successful agile projects compared to traditional projects and be able to tailor these styles to the situation.
- Help organizations effectively deliver viable results, with lower risks and costs, by repeatedly validating project milestones against business objectives.
- Become an informed member of a project team using the DSDM and AgilePM practices.
- Enhance your CV and boost future employment prospects.
To summarize, the AgilePM® Project Management - Foundation and Practitioner certification is an affordable and reliable way for individuals to get certified and qualified as the Agile Project Managers. It's suited even to the inexperienced people who are looking to learn new skills and improve their chances of landing a profitable career.